The Top 10 Outstanding Sports Medicine Term Paper Topics
Sports medicine is a branch of medicine dealing with physical fitness, and the prevention and treatment of injuries that are related to exercise and sports. It was only late in the 20th century that the health care industry recognized sports medicine as a distinct field, even though most sports teams have had a team doctor on staff for many years.
Athletes are constantly looking for ways to become better, faster, and raise the bar higher. Often this results in higher incidences of injuries. While some injuries are minor and require only a short period of rest, others have the potential to end a promising career. Research in sports medicine is highly focused on finding new and improved ways to prevent and treat injuries, leaving the field wide open for fresh ideas.
If you are looking for an outstanding topic to do your term paper on, consider one of the following listed below:
- "Looking to get a body to "die" for? The use of steroids in athletes and expected consequences". While the topic of steroids is not new by itself, drugs are being manufactured differently, making them react in unusual ways in the body.
- "Muscle Strain: Treatment, prevention, and causes". Although the causes may be the same, new ways to prevent sprains and treat them effectively is an interesting area to explore.
- "The effects of electrical muscle stimulation: Russian electrical stimulation" Consider discussing whether this works better for use in physical therapy or for enhancing performance.
- "The use of Oriental healing methods: Does cupping really work?" Cupping is a common practice in Oriental healing. Does it have any benefit for athletes?
- "The Shoulder: Anatomy and potential for injury in extreme sports". What is the make-up of the shoulder? What are the causes of different injuries?
- "Safety Issues in scuba diving: How to avoid the "bends". everyone knows that the "bends" can kill you. How can you prevent this? Is scuba diving really worth the risk?
- "Safety issues in boxing: Reducing the incidence of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)". Is it possible to wear alternative equipment? Is there more effective safety equipment under research and development? How will this help?
- "The Kinesiology of Bowling". What is the relationship between the bones and the muscles while playing? What are the concentric and eccentric movements?
- "Common knee injuries: Evaluation and treatment". Which knee injuries are most common in which sports? How are they evaluated and treated?
- "Health trends in physical therapy". What are the newest trends in physical therapy? Are they more effective?