A List Of Good Topics For Philosophy Research Papers For High School
How to write a Philosophy paper?
Some students find it very difficult to write a philosophy research paper because it is different from writing research papers for other classes. The main difference between philosophy research papers and other research papers is that a philosophy paper involves evaluation and exposition. With the expository portion of the philosophy paper, the student must discuss the argument or point of view being considered. With the evaluation portion of the philosophy paper, the student must discuss his or her own philosophical viewpoint on the topic.
Here are the steps to follow to write a good philosophy research paper:
- Before begin to write the philosophy research paper, ensure that one has read all of the relevant books and texts that were assigned to you by the teacher.
- Ensure that you review and study the topic question being asked for the research paper.
- Ensure that you discuss the topic question in the research paper and do not add to the answer.
- The student must ensure that the question being asked is addressed in the research paper.
- The student must ensure that the topic question is completely answered in the philosophy paper.
- The student must ensure not to address issues that are tangential in nature.
- The student must explain clearly whether or not they agree with the conclusion of the philosopher.
- The student should not be afraid to become engaged with the reasoning of the philosopher.
- When writing the philosophy paper, the student should always keep their targeted audience in mind.
- The philosophy paper should be written in first person from the student’s own personal beliefs, feelings, and experiences.
- The student should always provide definitions for terminology that the targeted audience may not understand.
- The philosophy research paper should be between 5 to 10 pages long.
- The philosophy research paper should formatted as follows: Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
What are some good topics for a philosophy research paper?
Normally, your philosophy teacher will provide one with the topic for their research paper. But, most of the time the philosophy teacher will provide the student with a list of topics to select from to do their research paper on. Also, the student may be allowed to choose their own topic for the philosophy research paper, as long as, it is within the parameters of the syllabus for the class.
Here are a few topics to consider for a philosophy research paper:
- A very popular topic “What is the true meaning of life?”
- What defines true beauty “inner or outer”?
- What does true religion mean to a person?
- The controversy of evolution.
- Does wealth bring true happiness to a person?
© 2017 FriedelJewishAcademy.org. All rights reserved. | Step-by-step guides for writing a strong paper.