Writing On Human Development: Research Paper Topics Ideas
Human development refers to how different people of different ages develop. This can be physically, emotionally, sexually, mentally, and spiritually. All of these have a factor on how we turn out as adults. I’m going to give you some general topics that you can work from and then with research you should be able to find a good topic for your research paper.
Research Paper Topics Ideas
- Cognitive Development: You could do topics on how a child develops problem solving skills, judgment, language skills, and other topics that have to do with cognitive development. You can also show the affect of not learning these skills can affect adults.
- Psychosocial Development: For this one you can look at how personalities, social skills, and attitudes are developed from childhood to adulthood. You could also look at Erik Erikson eight stages that he came up with to measure this kind of development.
- Psychosexual Development: This study started in the 20th century, when Sigmund Freud introduced his theory on the subject. He talked about how our sexual appetite is instinctual and that it is even present in infants. While this theory is a little controversial but it would make for an interesting topic for you research paper.
- Moral Development: Lawrence Kohlberg developed six stages to moral behavior in children and adults. Punishment and obedience orientation, interpersonal concordance, law and order orientation, social contract orientation, and universal ethics orientation. All or even just one of these stages will make a good topic for your research paper or you could just do the research paper on Kohlberg.
- Faith Development: A professor by the name of James Fowler developed the stages of faith development. He studied them form infancy to adulthood and came up with the stages. Intuitive projective, mythical literal, synthetic conventional, conjunctive, individualize, and universalizing faith stage. Each on one of these lead us to how spiritual we will be as adults. This is an interesting topic that you can to do to show the human development of people.
These topics should give you a good start on finding your research topic for your human development paper. Once you start searching these topics, you will probably find a lot of study on each subject. Use those studies to figure out what you want your main idea to be for your research paper. Try to find a subject that is new or hasn’t been covered before, this will make your research paper more interesting.
© 2017 FriedelJewishAcademy.org. All rights reserved. | Step-by-step guides for writing a strong paper.